2017 Fishing – Oregon, Washington & Columbia River Fishing
Winter Steelhead Fishing
B-run Winter Steelhead for most well known rivers are going to be here pretty shortly. The Cowlitz River is usually consistent fishing in March. The Wilson River B-run Steelhead fishing can be awesome as well in a week or so. The Washougal has been producing a few Steelhead as well as the Kalama River Here is what my winter Steelhead looks like…
- Cowlitz River Fishing: March – April
- Nestucca, Wilson, Trask Fishing: February – March
- Washougal River Fishing: February – April
- Kalama River Fishing: February – April
Spring Chinook Salmon Fishing
It is looking to be another great Spring Chinook Salmon Fishing season for 2017. Last year was a good year, with a lot of Spring Chinook caught out of my boat. I am starting to fill up dates for both the Columbia River and Drano lake for Spring Chinook Fishing. Be sure to book your date in advance if you want to get a day you are able to get out and catch these awesome fish.
I will completely book up for Drano Lake Spring Salmon so don’t wait too long to book your trip.
- Spring Chinook Fishing Near Portland (with in an hour): March 25- April 8
- Drano Lake Spring Chinook Fishing: April 25th – End of May
- Late Spring Chinook Lower Columbia River Fishing: (End of May) – until fishing slows down
Summer Chinook, Summer Steelhead & Sturgeon Fishing
Summer Steelhead Fishing on the lower Columbia River is a lot of fun, usually filled with a lot of action. While targeting Summer Steelhead, we will usually hook up with 1 or 2 late Spring Chinook / Summer Chinook each Summer Steelhead Fishing trip. Astoria Sturgeon Fishing during this time of year is absolutely crazy. Double and triples are very common for this fishery. Most days the boat will catch an release so many fish you lose count.
- Summer Steelhead on the Lower Columbia: June 1 – July 30
- Summer Chinook on the Lower Columbia: When opened
- Catch and Release Sturgeon Astoria: June 1- July 30 ( Click for Video)
Buoy 10 / Astoria Salmon Fishing
Buoy 10 / Astoria Salmon Fishing was a little strange last year, but we still caught fish. From talking to guides who have fished Buoy 10 for twenty plus years, they said that it was one of the toughest years they have ever had. I have some prime dates still available and I will be completely book up when this fishery rolls around.
- Buoy 10 / Astoria Salmon Fishing: August – September 5th
Columbia River Fall Salmon Fishing
This is my most popular fishery, which will start a couple days after Buoy 10 / Astoria Salmon Fishing. This is a very hands-on, fun fishing experience. I am very limited on dates for this fishery since a lot of my clients re-book the boat a year in advance. Last year I had a full boat limit on the 12th of October (17 Salmon landed).
If you want to fish the mouth of the Klickitat River you will need to book now.
- Fall Chinook Fishing – Columbia Gorge by Deschutes River, Klickitat River & White Salmon River: September 8th – Mid October
Nehalem Bay, Wilson River, Trask River, Nestucca River Fishing
If you want to catch big Fall Chinook or on a drift boat for Fall Chinook and you have had your fill on the Columbia River. These are all great, depending on what the weather is doing and what time of the year it is.
- Tillamook Bay Fishing & Nehalem Bay Fishing: October – November
- Drift Boat Fishing Trips – Wilson, Trask, Nestucca Fall Chinook Fishing: October – November
Don’t wait to the last minute to book!!!
If you have any question please feel free to contact me.